Best Beaches to Visit on the Gower Peninsula
The best beaches in Gower for families, dogs and surfing
« Go back | Date: | Author: Rhossili Bunkhouse
Welsh beaches are among the best in the world and the area in and around Rhossili in the Gower has some of the finest. Whether you are into hiking, surfing, rockpooling or sandcastle building, check out our top 3!
A super popular spot with surfers and families alike with plenty of sand to sit on, waves to surf and rockpools to explore.
- Great for: watersports, rockpooling, sandcastles, bathing
- Parking: pay and display
- Bathing: Life guards patrol the beach during high season.
- Other facilities: public toilets conveniently situated between the car park and the beach. Shop selling souvenirs and buckets and spades etc.
Oxwich Bay is a large sandy stretch with lots on offer - sea, surf, dunes, salt marsh, shops - and it's easy to get to.
- Great for: watersports, sandcastles, bathing
- Parking: private fee payable
- Bathing: care should be taken as Oxwich is popular with motorised leisure craft
- Other facilities: shops, toilets, places to eat and drink, payphone
3 miles of gorgeous sand and coastline, voted the best beach in the UK in June 2010. Since then it has received accolade upon accolade, including best beach in Europe and within the top 10 best beaches in the world
- Great for: walkers, watersports and wonderful views (you may even spot a dolphin or seal)
- Parking: Yes, free to National Trust members, otherwise charges apply. The car park is patrolled.
- Bathing: Yes with care
- Other facilities: shop, toilets, places to eat and drink